The full extent of the money laundering international Vanagels Connection, reported in a previous story, is not known at present day. But according to our experience, Erik Vanagels – together with some colleagues such as Stan Gorin, Juri Vitman, Elmar Zallapa, Danny Banger, Lana Zamba and Inta Bilder – preside over a sprawling network of companies with Baltic bank accounts (mostly at Trasta Komercbank, Rietumu Bank, Parex Banka, Regional Investment Bank JSG) and banks in Moscow and Cyprus. They have extensive dealings with several East European countries like Ukraine, Moldavia, Romania and Russia, covering everything from illicit arms exports, internet piracy, oil/gas/electricity related corruption, financial frauds, counterfeit pharmaceutical products, massive cyber criminality, drug dealing… Some of their customers are also overseas like the Asiatic Hoa Le Duc’s Mafia or the Mexicam Sinaloa Drug Cartel.
The Vanagels Connection
The organizations operates as a full service provider of off-shore companies: Its modus operandi is systematically based on the simple concept of forging beneficial owner identity documents and signatures (for example the real Erik Vanagels, is a simple homeless in Riga) to nominate fictive directors in off-shore companies in UK, Cyprus, Panama, Hong-Kong, New Zeeland… and opening respective bank accounts in Latvia, Cyprus or Russia. Sometimes, the same forged identity is used in multiple variations: for example Erik Vanagels (the most famous one) can occur in the following aliases: Eric Vanagelom, Erik Vanahels, Erik Vanagele, Erik Vallaste, … It is already like a Trademark: a symbol of quality and price in the money laundering industry. But the same is also valid, for example, for the proxy names of Juri Vitman (alias Juri Wittmann), Stan Gorin (alias Staņislavs Gorins, in reality he is a simple insurance broker in Riga), Lana Zamba (in reality she is a yoga trainer in Limassol) or Danny Banger (alias Daniel Banger)… For more information about the identity of these mythical persons see “A Farm Of Directors” by Inga Springe and Graham Stack.
The network is organized with several hubs of off-shores supermarkets in Riga, London, Limassol, Kiev and Moscow (with some supect also in Sotschi, to stay olympic). For excample….
XXXXXX CENSURED XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX this part of the XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX arthicle has XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX been censured XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
In Cyprus at the villa near the cemetery of Limassol in KIMONOS STREET or at the suites of PTOLEMAION 55 also in Limassol. Their customers are segmented as following: oligarchs, organized criminal groups, rebels/terrorist groups, simple individuals with the need of laundering money for business purposes. The latter is the less evident, but it covers the majority of the hidden cases: it is used for systematic commercial bribery or frauds. The access to the services of this network is exclusively based on recommendations of existing customers.
The Vanagels connectio’s role is only coming to light recently as the Latvian and Ukraine local press starts digging out more and more information. The network’s activity can be traced back over a decade to the establishment in the mid-1990s. Evidence suggests this connection laundered money for an amount of 10 to 100 billion $ around the world and those media information are only the ones that have come to light so far. This will catapult the value of the Erik Vanagels™ tradmark higher than the one of Apple! The Vanagels connection has been recently quoted in the media related to the following major allegued criminal cases:
- The Faina vessel Case – Ukraine / Sudan – Illicit Arm Trading
- The Chernomoreneftegas Case – Ukraine – Gov. Corruption
- The flu vaccines Case – Ukraine – Gov. Corruption
- The Ukrspetseksport Case – Ukraine – Illicit Arm Trading
- The Rockford Funding Case – Latvia – Financial Fraud
- The Moldavian Cases – Moldavia / Romania – Gov. Corruption / Fraud
- The Hermitage Capital Management Case – Russia / Switzerland – Massive Money Laundering
- The Trade Construction Company LLC Case – Russia – Financial Fraud
- Hoa Le Duc’s Mafia Case – Romania / Vietnam / China – Organized Crime
- The EURO 2012 Case – Ukraine – Corruption
- The Mexicam Sinaloa Drug Cartel Case – Mexico – Organized Crime / Drug
- The GT Group Case – North Korea / Iran – Illicit Arm Trading / Terrorism financing
- The ex.ua file-exchange Case – Ukraine – Massive Internet Piracy
- The forextime.com Case – Russia / New Zeeland / Nigeria – Money Laundering / Financial Fraud
(Dr. Andrea Galli, Scalaris AG)